Small elastic band(s), the same color of your hair A comb A ponytail holder (optional) Large claw clip Tiny claw clip OR bobby pin(s)
What You'll Need
This is a dirty hairstyle. In fact, I'm thinking of doing a series on the different styles I use when I don't feel like washing my hair, but it's too dirty to just walk out of the house without doing SOMETHING to it. This is a great style for when your roots are a little greasy/limp, but the length of your hair is still ok. The braid disguises your roots, so the focus is on the rest of your hair. You can wear your hair out, or up in a ponytail... I like it both ways.
About This Look
Things to Remember
- Angle your hands backwards (not forwards) when braiding, and the braid will look better.
- If you choose to braid all the way down, braid loosely so the braid falls naturally.
- If you're going to put your hair up into a ponytail, twist the braid half a turn before laying it against the top of your head.
- Also, if you're going to do a ponytail, do not braid all the way to the end, or the end of the braid won't blend as well with your ponytail - it'll stick straight out.
- If the end of your braid sticks straight out anyway, try hiding it under the ponytail rather than letting it sit on top.
- Use hairspray to control any flyaways